From 1862, wool production was the focus of the Station. In 1912 William Sloane built the woolshed & shearers’ quarters of White Cypress Pine harvested from his paddocks and milled on site. The Shed, bore and outbuildings are still the focus of Station life. Alexander & Ann produce prime lamb and dryland cereals.
Alexander, a keen historian, has re-created parts of the woolshed area in 1930’s style, while enabling the Shed to retain its full working capacity. The “Store” houses a variety of artefacts & extensive bottle collection. The original steam engine is “back home”. A 1930’s-style shearer’s bedroom is another feature, and the Woolroom houses a display about the wool industry. The Dining room features the original Murray Pine walls, “Poets Corner” and a photographic display.
Catering may be provided by prior arrangement.
More Features and Sights